INTERIGHTS – Administration Volunteer - Archiving
Based in London, Aldgate East, E1 1LU
The volunteer will be required to support an archiving project, including data entry and filing, creating a catalogue of our old and current archives, referencing information on archive boxes, destroying old archive files and other administrative work as required.
We are looking for someone who can spend 2 – 5 days (or half days) with us for a minimum of four to 6 weeks. We can be flexible with days. This is an unpaid position but we will reimburse your out of pocket expenses of a travel card zone 1-6 and up to £5 a day for lunch. You will be required to provide receipts before you can claim for these expenses.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this volunteering opportunity.
Skills and Experience required:
• Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and to seek support when necessary
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment
• Commitment to INTERIGHTS values
Skills and Experience to be gained:
• Knowledge of data protection requirements and other compliance issues relating to information management
• Data entry experience
• General office and administrative skills
• Ability to work in a small team
• Health and safety awareness
• Experience of working on reception
To apply please send the following documents to HR at email@example.com no later than the closing date 30 March 2014:
• A covering letter of no more than one page outlining your interest in the Administration Volunteer position
• Your curriculum vitae
• A completed equal opportunities and diversity monitoring form
Please place the name of the volunteering placement you are applying for in the subject box of the email. Interviews will be held on 3 April 2014.
For further information about INTERIGHTS please go to our website www.interights.org
Given the volume of interest in these positions we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.